Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hey! I'm a nerd!

            To be a nerd, I think is something special. I'm proud to be one. I'm not ashamed to walk around in my Batman shirt, be the only girl watching the Avengers movie, comparing myself to the Big Bang Theory characters, and most of all... being obsessed with something that is nerdy to people. I'm proud to be called a weirdo, dork, geek, and nerd.

             I'm also smart. I make A's in some interesting subjects, like science and history... but overall, I'm doing just fine with my grades. I love to talk about the latest comic book I just read and not taking notice of the looks I get. I'm glad who I am, I'm glad God made me like this. I struggle here and there, but I come out looking alright.

           My friends and I in Malawi were all usually obsessed with the same things. Liz and I were obsessed with The Hunger Games, Sarah and I were obsessed with The Joker, Lorraine (The girl who let me borrow the first EVER Batman comic I ever read) and I were obsessed with The Prestige and Batman. I'm thankful I had those kind of people in my life. They made me who I am.

          All I just want is people to be proud of who they are. Don't be ashamed of what people may think of you. See, I love being a weird person out in public. I am MYSELF, YOU are YOURSELF! That was how it was meant to be. Wouldn't it be boring if everything was gray, dull, bland, and everything the same? The world needs color in it, and you and I are one of those colors. So yeah, be yourself!

Thankyou...

1 comment:

  1. Like a BOSS. I'm glad you are yourself. I didn't know those things were considered weird in America... I'm glad I'll get t be weird though. It will be fun. I'll need to find someone like you though. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete