Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Little Experience... As A Tribute


           So I went to a friends house... her name is Lizzie.  We went on some of their land. Then we were put into teams, one girl one boy. We didn't assign districts. We got into a circle on this large circle of gravel then waited for the countdown. Then we would run away. There was no bloodbath at first. We had gamemakers who would honk the car horn to tell us who died and to tell us if we had to come and get something. So we ran into the forest and hid. Ok, to kill someone you had to pull their sock. We stuck tube socks in our pants, half of it was hanging out. So if it was pulled you were dead.  Anyways, so you basically hid with your teammate or by yourself. 

So now let me tell you my story... 
             The first round I was with this guy named John Calco. He is very tall and athletic, so I had some advantage.  I told one of my friends that I was the white Rue and he was Thresh. So we ran around and made an alliance with a guy named Sam Ratcliff and Lizzie who actually put this game together. Sometime in the game the car horn honks and one of your teammates has to get a second sock. It isn't an extra life, you just have to get it within two minutes or you're dead. So John went and got ours and I hid in this really tall grass. Then I hear one of the gamemakers yell out "John Calco" is dead. So I had to run and get my sock because he died before he got it. There were a bunch of tall athletic guys hiding near the Cornucopia and were attacking someone when they came. I figured that out so I ran to a sock farthest from them then I darted out as fast as possible. I was running through a pasture with tall grass, maybe as tall as me. Then I heard someone coming so I hid behind a tree. All of a sudden i hear this crack then a thud and someone scurrying away.  It ended up being someone falling out of a pine tree. I almost lauhged because that is what happens to Cato but there was someone near me. Then the game-maker shouted out "The mutts are released!" And I got really scared... So a mutt chased me down and then I ran into a thorn bush. I told him and he gave me a ten second head start. But that wasn't enough for me because I had to run uphill in thick grass. Then the John on my team was chasing me because he became a mutt. He is really fast and we ran for a really long time. He was reaching for my sock while we ran and I hit his hand away. Then we ran on some gravel and I turned around and he tripped so I darted away but then he quickly caught up. I couldn't run any longer, so I gave up and he pulled my sock. It hurt but then I felt good at how much I ran.  That was the first round.... and I got in seventh place out of 21! 

The Second Round.... 
                 This time I was on a team with another guy who is tall and athletic. He is basically cato with dark hair. His name is also John! He said he was going to run around and kill people and I was to go find a pond and hide near it. I made an alliance with a girl named Susanna  and a girl named Anna. This round everybody had to come get a sock. Not just one person per team. We were too far to hear exactly what they were shouting so we moved closer. We couldn't see if socks were out so we sent Anna in to go see. She died... sadly. So Susanna and I layed on the ground and sat there. One guy literally walked right past us.Like 2 inches away. We wanted to move to a place with less people so we started to inch over to a bush. Then we just stood up and ran. We squeezed into the bush/tree thing. Then someone walked past and saw us. They killed Susanna and I darted away as fast as I could. It came to the time for us to get our second sock. Then I got my second sock and I ran back to the same bush. This time I was concealed really well. People walked past me until one person walked by and shined his flashlight on me. There was a water pipe in front of me so I was lucky he said to his allie that it was a water pipe. But they walked around and they kept shining their flashlight to me. So when they started coming my way (by the way the water pipe was metal)  I darted out and hit my foot against the pipe. It made the loudest sound imaginable! But they let me run away 'cause they thought I hurt myself. So then I hid in the same place as I did in the first round. I hid in the grassy area. Then the gamemaker yelled out that all surviving tributes were to come to the Cornucopia. I was only a few feet away so I walked slowly there trying to devise a plan. We had to continue playing but only on the gravel part. I hid deep in the shadows out of the carlight. I was fighting against this guy named Graham, the John on my team this round, and a girl named Margaret (she is basically a ninja). So we were staying away from each other. Then John killed Graham. Then they let in a mutt. I was being chased by him so Margaret saw she had no chance of winning against John so she pulled her socks. I kept running around in circles then he caught up with me. And obviously I died. John won and I got second place! I was proud of myself. 

              There was one last round but it was not as fun. We had to stay in the gravel the whole time. I hid in the shadows with Lizzie and Susanna. Then they let in the mutts again and I was chased and I died. I got in 5th place that time. After the Hunger Games were over we had s'mores and they were awesome! Sam Ratcliff made me a marshmallow and he is a proffesional at it! It was light brown and crusty on the outside but nice gooey on the inside. I just want one right now! So yes! That was my epic Hunger Games Day!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh!!! This made me so happy!!! So glad you had such a fun time! You were a beast at that game!

    ReplyDelete